Without donors like you, Wood Hudson could not operate. Every donation, whatever the size, makes an impact in the conquest of cancer. We sincerely thank-you for your support.
Learn more about the Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory:
Ways to Donate
1. Donate using our secure PayPal account with a credit card, debit card, or your existing PayPal account:
a. Click the donate button below. b. Enter the dollar amount to be donated. If you would like this to be a monthly payment, check the monthly payment box. c. You can designate your gift for memorials, special occasions, or towards our ongoing research of Breast, Colon, Ovarian, Prostate or other cancers, as well as to our student Undergraduate Research Education Program (UREP) by specifying in the "add special instructions to seller" field. d. Pay with PayPal account or enter credit card information in the fields. e. Finish donation.
2. Do you shop at Kroger? Does your employer offer a matching gift program? To learn more contact us or click the link below to sign-up for the community rewards program that helps benefit Wood Hudson:
3. Do you shop at Amazon.com? Does your employer offer a matching gift program? To learn more contact us or click the link below to sign-up for the community rewards program that helps benefit Wood Hudson:
Would you like to share your time and talents to help our organization in its mission of cancer research?
Volunteers are always needed and welcome at Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory. Many volunteer opportunities are available, including clerical, answering phones, and volunteering at special events. We have opportunities for every talent and schedule.
For more information, please call 859-581-7249 or email Georgia Kinman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory is a professional, independent, not-for-profit, publicly supported research institute dedicated to the discovery of new knowledge regarding the causes, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer. All discoveries resulting from ongoing research are freely given to the scientific and medical community through promptly reported, peer-reviewed publications. The Laboratory is a member of the Association of Independent Research Institutes (AIRI).
Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory is located in Newport Kentucky, approximately one mile from Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1981, the Laboratory has a world class Biospecimen Repository of two million archived, fully annotated, surgical specimens which were donated by St. Elizabeth Healthcare and are used for research purposes.
Wood Hudson approaches the cancer problem three ways:
1) study of clinical cases and experimental models of cancer to learn new methods of cancer prevention, diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment
2) study of environmental causes of cancer, particularly food and drinking water chemicals, and
3) provision of training and “hands-on” research experience for tomorrow’s scientists and physicians through its Undergraduate Research Education Program (UREP).
Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory is seeking a scientist experienced in Cancer Biology to conduct research as well as write manuscripts and grant applications pertaining to cancer research.
CANCER RESEARCH SCIENTIST POSITION SUMMARY:
The successful candidate should already have publications in the field of cancer research and will supervise undergraduates doing research in our laboratory as part of the Undergraduate Research Education Program (UREP). Research experience should include studies of one of more of the following specific human tumor types: breast, colon, ovary, prostate or lung. This not-for-profit Independent Research Institute maintains a biospecimen repository that preserves FFPE tumors and tissues from 65,000 cancer patients.
The scientist is expected to act independently in developing his/her own ideas and to successfully complete research that will result in peer reviewed publications. The expectation is that the scientist will exert leadership in obtaining funding for research projects as well as leadership in guiding young scientists.
Salary and title commensurate with experience.
Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or a closely related field and post-doctoral training.
Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications and Experience:
This position offers a competitive salary as well as comprehensive benefit package.
About Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory’s Undergraduate Research Education Program (UREP):
1. In continuous existence for 40 years (since 1982).
2. Has provided hands-on cancer research experience to over 350 undergraduate university students from 46 universities.
3. 92% of these students have gone into scientific research or medical fields, including 147 who obtained PhD or MD degrees.
4. Testing pre and post UREP training has demonstrated a 15.2% increase in scientific knowledge about cancer and related fields.
Northern Kentucky-based Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory is looking for a graduate student or recent PhD to help in the teaching of laboratory methods and the direction of ongoing cancer research projects to professionally-oriented undergraduates from area colleges. Hours and compensation to be determined based on need and experience.
Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory is conveniently located in Newport, Kentucky, only minutes away from Cincinnati, Ohio. We recognize it takes dedicated and committed people to continue our mission of cancer research. The team members we hire are trustworthy, dependable, compassionate, and committed to the discovery of new knowledge regarding the causes, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer. We offer our employees a rewarding environment, benefits, as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. Committed staff working together to support the mission of Wood Hudson is what makes our team environment so successful.
To apply for an open position at Wood Hudson Cancer Research Laboratory, please contact Dr. Julia Carter at 859-581-7249 or email her at email@example.com.